The competition is held in four eliminatory rounds.
Repertoire requirements for the First Round
(should not exceed 20 min.)
1- A prelude and fugue or three different Three-Part Inventions,from J.S. Bach
2- A study of choice by Chopin, Liszt, Rachmaninov, Scriabin, Debussy, Prokofiev, Bartok, Ligeti
3- A piece to choose from, by another composer than that of the chosen study.
Repertoire requirements for the Second Round
(should not exceed 30 min.)
1- A sonata without repetition (Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann)
The jury reserves the right to request a partial performance of the work presented (one or more movements) or the complete sonata.
2- A work to be selected from the following list:
– Paganini Variations Op.35 Book I
– Paganini Variations Op.35 Book II
– Ballade No 1 Op.23
– Ballade No 4 Op.52
– Fantasy in F Minor, Op.49
– Scherzo no 4 op. 54 in E major
– Variations sérieuses Op.54
– Scarbo (Gaspard de la Nuit)
– Alborada del grazioso
– Toccata Op.7
– Sonata no 4 op. 30
– Sonate n° 5 op. 53
– Pour le piano
– Vingt Regards sur l’Enfant Jésus (one or more ‘Regards’’ to choose from)
Repertoire requirements for the Third Round
(should not exceed 45 min.)
The relevance and balance in the choice of the program of this recital will be taken into account by the jury in their deliberations.
It is not possible to replay a piece from the first 2 rounds.
1- At least two representative works from at least two distinct periods among the following periods: classic, romantic, modern.
2- A contemporary work by the Turkish composer Ali Darmar. The score will be sent by email to all selected candidates on January 2, 2024. This imposed work will be about 6 minutes long.
Repertoire requirements for the Fourth Round
1- Cemal Reşit Rey, « Pèlerinages dans la ville qui n’est plus que souvenir / Hatıradan ibaret kalan şehirde gezintiler ».The required excerpt from this work is the fourth movement: «La route que traça la conquérante armée / Fatih ordunun çizdiği yol »
2- A concerto to be selected from the following list:
– Concerto n°2 in B flat major Op.19
– Concerto n°3 in C minor Op.37
– Concerto n°4 in G major Op.58
– Concerto No 15 in b flat major KV450
– Concerto No 17 in G major KV453
– Concerto No 20 in D minor KV466
– Concerto No 21 in C major KV467
– Concerto No 23 in A major KV488
– Concerto No 27 in b flat major KV595
– Concerto no 1 in G minor op. 25
– Concerto no 2 in D minor op. 40
– Concerto no 1 in E minor op. 11
– Concerto no 2 in F minor op. 21
– Concerto in A minor Op.54